Oak Point has postponed the birthday celebration for Phyllis due to the threat of sever weather. They will let us know when it will be rescheduled.
The primary sources for our Beliefs and Practices:
- Scripture – Careful study of the Bible, alone and within the fellowship of Christians.
- Tradition – The life of the church through the centuries.
- Experience – Our own new life in Christ, and our broader human experience.
- Reason – Our capacity to think clearly about scripture, tradition and experience, to organize our Christian witness.
- The United Methodist Church Book of Discipline
John Wesley’s General Rules
- Do no harm. “By doing no harm, by avoiding evil of every kind, especially that which is most generally practiced.”
- Do good. “By doing good; by being in every kind merciful after theri power, as they have opportunity, doing good of every possible sort, and, as far as possible, to all.”
- Stay in love with God. “By attending upon all the ordinances of God.”
The Character of a Methodist
- a Methodist loves God
- a Methodist rejoices in God
- a Methodist gives thanks
- a Methodist prays constantly
- a Methodist loves others
We will support the church with our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.