We have had a great turn-out for directory portraits. We still have a few spots available tomorrow and Friday if you would like to get your portrait in our directory. If you would like to schedule a sitting, please call Kelly at 417-358-2577 and she will set up an appointment!
Ping Pong Fun!
Go Fish anyone?
Happy Mother’s Day!
We had another great Super Sunday! This month we celebrated our Mothers! We colored a card for our Mom’s to tell them our favorite thing about them. We colored a watering can that contains seeds to plant. We played in the Youth Room and watched a couple of movies about Moms. We traveled to Harris Hall for snacks! We had Hurts Donuts as a special treat! We don’t get these often, but it was a special day. We decorated a flower pot for our Mothers and took it outside to plant a Petunia in the pot! We finished the morning on the playground! I think the day was a success! This was our last Super Sunday until September! Stay tuned for some VBS news!
Oak Point has postponed the birthday celebration for Phyllis due to the threat of sever weather. They will let us know when it will be rescheduled.
The primary sources for our Beliefs and Practices:
- Scripture – Careful study of the Bible, alone and within the fellowship of Christians.
- Tradition – The life of the church through the centuries.
- Experience – Our own new life in Christ, and our broader human experience.
- Reason – Our capacity to think clearly about scripture, tradition and experience, to organize our Christian witness.
- The United Methodist Church Book of Discipline
John Wesley’s General Rules
- Do no harm. “By doing no harm, by avoiding evil of every kind, especially that which is most generally practiced.”
- Do good. “By doing good; by being in every kind merciful after theri power, as they have opportunity, doing good of every possible sort, and, as far as possible, to all.”
- Stay in love with God. “By attending upon all the ordinances of God.”
The Character of a Methodist
- a Methodist loves God
- a Methodist rejoices in God
- a Methodist gives thanks
- a Methodist prays constantly
- a Methodist loves others
We will support the church with our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.