Vacation Bible School 2018 was a great success! We had a great time with the kids and we think they had a great time too! The story of David & Goliath was told by Pastor James and several of us got to try to put on all kinds of protective gear to fight Goliath! That was really fun! We sang some songs! See a video below. We then headed over to the park for the rest of the day. The day could not have been more beautiful!
We started with some games and crafts! Water games were a big hit!! For crafts we made a God’s Eye Craft from yarn and craft sticks and we also decorated our own prayer pail to remind us what to pray for each day. Hot dogs and hamburgers were served for lunch. We had so much good food! Snacks for the day were the most wonderful cookies as well as chips and so much more! After lunch, we got ready for the most anticipated part of the day! Swimming in the pool at Central Park! It looked to me like everyone had a great time! Thanks again to everyone who helped! It was a success because of you!
We had another great Super Sunday! This month we celebrated our Mothers! We colored a card for our Mom’s to tell them our favorite thing about them. We colored a watering can that contains seeds to plant. We played in the Youth Room and watched a couple of movies about Moms. We traveled to Harris Hall for snacks! We had Hurts Donuts as a special treat! We don’t get these often, but it was a special day. We decorated a flower pot for our Mothers and took it outside to plant a Petunia in the pot! We finished the morning on the playground! I think the day was a success! This was our last Super Sunday until September! Stay tuned for some VBS news!
Oak Point has postponed the birthday celebration for Phyllis due to the threat of sever weather. They will let us know when it will be rescheduled.
The primary sources for our Beliefs and Practices:
- Scripture – Careful study of the Bible, alone and within the fellowship of Christians.
- Tradition – The life of the church through the centuries.
- Experience – Our own new life in Christ, and our broader human experience.
- Reason – Our capacity to think clearly about scripture, tradition and experience, to organize our Christian witness.
- The United Methodist Church Book of Discipline
John Wesley’s General Rules
- Do no harm. “By doing no harm, by avoiding evil of every kind, especially that which is most generally practiced.”
- Do good. “By doing good; by being in every kind merciful after theri power, as they have opportunity, doing good of every possible sort, and, as far as possible, to all.”
- Stay in love with God. “By attending upon all the ordinances of God.”
The Character of a Methodist
- a Methodist loves God
- a Methodist rejoices in God
- a Methodist gives thanks
- a Methodist prays constantly
- a Methodist loves others
We will support the church with our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.